Skip to main content

Waking to Find It's Friday

I've never had a normal job, I work nights and always Friday's & Saturday's. Though today was different, you see, I'm on vacation. I have the entire month of January off and I have been staying home and connecting with my three and half month old son. My wife is a school teacher and unlike me, has to work the month of January. Monday is a holiday for most people and we are taking the holiday time to go see my parents.

So I wake up today with this odd feeling, I knew something was different about today, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Then it hit me (Wham! {minus George Michael}) it's Friday!

I have the entire weekend off and I'm not even working! My wife and I will share baby duties this weekend, but so will the grandparents. I mean, talk about your vacation, take your son to the grandparents, hand him off, sit back and watch the Colts destroy the Steelers.

I think this could be the first time in years when I actually was excited it was Friday.
I mean, ITS FRIDAY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Morning & Good Day

I finally found a place to post random thoughts about absolutely nothing. Thanks again in part to Google for helping me to find Blogger.com I have been a member of Blogger.com and today I found the desire to see what this site is all about. I curious to see who among the faithful, will be first to post a reply. I have my money on a brother or uncle. Time will only tell and if your not looking, not even that well.

Super Bowl Set and Koby turns 81

Steelers keep on bringing on the good luck, the power to win and the dream of a Super Bowl Ring! Panthers left their playing abilities back... well... I'm not sure where they left their skills. They simply forgot to show up. So that leaves us with the Seahawks and Steelers in the Super Bowl. You find anyone to tell you they picked these two teams to be in the Super Bowl, listen well to anything else they may tell you about sports. Sticking to sports, Koby scores 81 points. 81! Second only to W. Chamberlin's 100 points back in 1962. What can you say about sports, it's never what you think it will be and almost always more than you can imagine. Gotta love Sports. Till next time, Don't Eat the Yellow Snow.